The Prevention Board strengthens the family support workforce by providing professional development resources to promote strengths-based, family-centered, primary prevention practice grounded in the Protective Factors Framework.
Protective Factors Training
The training supports professionals in incorporating Protective Factors into their work and partnering with families to share that information in a strengths-based, culturally sensitive manner.
The Prevention Board coordinates and provides ongoing technical support
for Certified Trainers within partner organizations throughout the state.
Acknowledging the importance of parent partnership, the Prevention Board offers grants to support
Parent Co-Presenters who are paired with Certified Trainers and co-facilitate each course of every training.
- Ensure high-quality family support services for families in Wisconsin
- Increase recognition of the professional experience, training and education of parent educators, home visitors and other family support professionals
- Encourage high standards for quality training for professionals who work with families
- Embed a strengths-based approach to working with families
- Address the impact of trauma on child and family functioning
- Incorporate the Protective Factors Framework to support optimal child development, reduce the likelihood of child maltreatment, mitigate the impact of risk and diminish the probability of trauma
Online Learning Library
The Online Learning Library
contains resources to inform and enhance the professional practice of service providers, Parent Co-Presenters and educators. The library offers descriptions and links to a variety of content areas and formats, including webinars and learning activities.