The Prevention Board strategic plan provides a roadmap for its work to prevent first time occurrences of child maltreatment. The strategic plan is comprised of four strategies with key initiatives to advance the Board's mission and vision. More than $2 million is awarded annually through a competitive grant making process to support community-based prevention services to further these strategies.List of current grantees.
- Invest in communities across the state making grants to support evidence-informed practices, research and evaluation of innovative approaches
- Educate and provide technical assistance to the professional workforce
- Raise awareness among the general public
- Recommend to the Governor, Legislature and state agencies changes needed to state programs, statutes, policies, budgets and administrative rules to improve coordination among state agencies providing primary prevention services
- Lead collaborative efforts and leverage resources to advance innovative prevention approaches
Biennial Report (2017-2019)
For more information about how the Prevention Board has implemented its mission, vision and strategic plan, see the biennial report. SFY17-19 Biennial report.pdf.